Elizabeth Bell’s World

010346010349010345010344

Entering for the Elizabeth Bell’s World October project which is to make a 3 x 3 note card box or tote. I opted for the tote bag because I will be making a box for the Swaps Anyone at Lets Ink It Up …. hop over and have a look.

I know I used the same image as last time …. different colours though …. but I can’t get enough of her she is gorgeous …. can you believe I looked just like her when I was younger …. if you believe that then I know you think pigs fly.

The sentiments on the little 3×3 cards are all a digi download and you can buy them from Raindrop Echo Designs at Whimsy Stamp Store they are easy to use and the sentiments are adorable, just right to cut out with your nesties or any other die cuts you have. I made these ones quite small because they had to fit onto a little 3×3 card but it didn’t affect the quality whatsoever. Used my Promarkers again because I wanted her vibrant looking …. I use my watercolours when I want a softer effect.

Does anyone else have this same problem or is it just my camera. the top right picture is the true looking colour of the card I used, it is a lovely sort of teal colour but the other images look very blue to me and yet I took them all at the same time. If I get time will try and take again to see if I can get the proper colour card on all the pictures, if not, ah well I can live with them because I have the real thing to look at.

17 Responses to “Elizabeth Bell’s World”

1. Anne-marie says:

Hi Shirl
    wow this is stunning love the image and colours look fab, love the handle on the tote bag, thank you for your lovely comment on my blog and for becoming a follower
    Anne-marie xx

2. Janiel says:

Hi Shirl,
    You have done a FAB job with this project!!! BEAUTIFULLY DONE!!!
    Thank you for joining us at the new EBW challenge blog!!
    big hugs, Janiel

3. Marianne says:

This is a very great set!!! What a lovely cards and bag. Love the image of you, being a young girl :-)) But you haven’t changed that much, did you?

4. sallysbitz says:

This is fab x
    You have coloured her in beautifully & those punches are lovely too xx

5. Jodi says:

Beautiful card tote!! The colors you used for your image really make her even more adorable!!
    Thanks for joining us at Elisabeth Bell’s World!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

6. raindropecho says:

WOW, what a great set, Shirl! I love your color combination and you’ve absolutely used the sentiments beautifully, thank you 🙂 Gorgeous image.

– Ann

7. Kelly says:

Shirl,

These are beautiful. I love the colours. Yes I can see what you mean about the teal and the blue. I have looked at the swap challenge. I want to have a go at it, but I am bit nervous.

Kelly

8. kristina says:

ah, this made me smile and think of when we were little girls playing with mommy’s makeup–and we put on blue eyeshadow then LOL! Great card 🙂

9. Lydia says:

A gorgeous note set…love those little flowers x
    Glad you joined the team at Elisabeth Bell World this week x

10. Annika says:

What a great little tote – and your colouring just rocks. Such a creative “make-up” and the intricate detail on ger top is just unreal!
    Hugs
    Annika

11. OOH this is just beautiful, pretty colors, image and coloring, just wonderful!!!

Hugs,
    Patricia

12. I love this little set so much. And I totally know what you mean about the pictures and trying to get the cards looking true to colour! If you find a solution let me know!!

13. fabiola says:

ouh que c’est mignon…un bel ensemble, biz

14. Tracy Valure says:

This is adorable. Love the vibrant colors. Thanks for joining us at the new EBW Challenge Blog!
    Tracy

15. Paula M says:

OH, I love this image – I happen to have this one too. You have done a fantastic job with the little tote. Love the brilliant colors and the variety of notecards in your tote. TFS

16. Kiki says:

Oh, this is so gorgeous! Love the image and your perfect coloring! Great job!!!

Thanks so much for joining us at EBW Challenge Blog.

Hugs, Kiki

17. Wendy Ramlakhan says:

Such pretty bright colors! So glad you could join us at the EBW Challenge Blog!!