Spring Time

I am a hopeless romantic and if someone could wave a magic wand to transport me back in time it would be the Victorian era of Crinoline Dresses and Southern Belles. … Gone With The Wind is my all time classic fave movie. Did you know the term Southern first came from Scotland in around 1470 and Belle is French (the feminine form of beau derived from a Latin word bellus meaning pretty ).

I was lucky enough to go to Texas a few years back and whilst there we flew to Louisiana loved every minute of it, got to go on a paddle steamer along the Mississippi river … just fabulous … (Andrew would love to be writing this post because he would tell you about by huge faux pas whilst walking along Bourbon Street … not going to happen lol). Did you know that Louisiana became a state in 1800 and it was Napoleon who sold it to the United States?

Dreaming over back to the Little Miss Muffett Challenge which is SPRING COLOURS – This gorgeous image of La Promenade au Jardin is soooo pretty … what I would give to get into a dress like that today!!! Used a bit of everything as usual Copics, Pro-Markers and watercolour pencils this time round, the papers are more from my stash which I can’t remember the name of … sorry.

Pop on over and see what the DT’s have created every card is a piece of art.
Entering for: Paper Playtime – Use an umbrella
Come & Get It Challenges – Spring
Fashionista Challenge – Anything goes for girls
CMC Copic Challenge Group – Spring Pretties

15 Responses to “Spring Time”

1. It’s an adorable image and you’ve created a wonderful card.

I love your Southern Belle she is so beautiful. Writing this while I am talking to you hehe. I am going to be able to place my images just where I want them now!!!
    Enjoy the rest of the week.
    hugs {brenda} xox

3. lis-m says:

Hi Shirley, beautiful card…. I love all the detail nad texture.. and I agree that image is awesome! i would love a dress like that!
    hugs xx

4. Paula says:

Hi Shirley you create the most beautiful cards, and the spring colours are so fresh and zesty. xx

5. Arabella says:

This is so pretty Shirley and the colours are so lovely and Springy!

Arabella

6. Alyce says:

Wow Shirley! Your colouring is just stunning…she looks like a princess! 😀 Love the beautiful tones of your card too xx

7. Frea says:

Hi Shirl, love your card, the Parisian ladies keep amazing me! Your card looks asolutely awesome. Hugs, Frea

8. Shell says:

Wonderful card, love the soft colors and that image is adorable!

Thanks for sharing with Come and Get It! See ya soon!

Shell~Alaska♥

9. Wow… what a great image! I have seen a few of these and just love them.

Thanks for joing in at http://fashionistachallenge.blogspot.com/

DT Coordinator,
    Rina

10. Ira says:

How wonderful to hear that I’ve got a soulmate! I’ve always said I was born too late!
    Love love your stunning card, really superb! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog
    and let’s just keep on dreaming, shall we? Happy Easter, Ira x

11. Debra Miller says:

Beautiful spring colors Shirl – what a lovely card. Hugs Deb

12. suzanne says:

great image thank you for joining us at cmc this week

13. suzanne says:

great card thanks for joining us at fashionista

14. Wow, this is stunning and I love how you colored her dress – so cute! The butterfly is a great touch and how you did the butterfly body is brilliant. 😀 Love the layout and the orange flower is an awesome embellishment! *Hugs

15. Cebelica says:

Such a pretty card! Thanks for playing with us at Fashionista challenge! Hugs! xx