My Trinket Box

I started this box a while ago but didn’t really know where I was going with it until I saw the challenge at Fashionable Stamping and then I just knew it was going to be my DT piece. This time round we would love to see Steampunk and yes I am one of the Stampettes who has never done Steampunk before, this is my first time. Apart from the fact I don’t really have any appropriate stamps I am also one of those rare people who doesn’t like to put altered wings on things. There is loads going on with the box but will only bore you with a little info.

The large die cut was cut out from a piece of cardboard which was covered with ripped layers of masking tape, inked with a black DI then stamped onto with various stamped images before putting through an embossing folder. The leftovers were used to stamp a PaperArtsy bird onto before cutting out with a bird die. Stitched around the edge of the lid before using more green acrylic paint as another dimension and of course lots of crackle paint.

I made compartments for the inside and you can just see some of my crushed bottle tops also lots of embellishments which I have made and not used yet. Check out those little loops showing through underneath that is going to be on my next project.

This is what is on the inside lid, lots of delicious pockets for my tags to go into.

Entering for: So Artful Challenges – Steampunk – Colours: Sepia and Earthtones

15 Responses to “My Trinket Box”

1. Terry says:

This trinket box is so speakpunky pretty and I got such a chuckle at those eyes on the lady! Too funny! Great images and design! Love this box! Happy Sunday!

2. Paula says:

Hi Shirl, I love your beautiful steam punk trinket box, my kinda punk, girly, delicate and so pretty. I love those fabby glasses too LOL! Have a great day, drizzling here again (sigh) xx

3. AlieHdV says:

What a great box Shirl…filled with treasures!

greetings, Alie 🙂

4. Fliss says:

A fabulous box Shirl and love all the detail you’ve added here. A wonderfully feminine steampunk creation and would never have guessed you hadn’t done it before!
    Have a lovely Sunday.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

5. Avril B says:

Hi Shirley, A gorgeous box, with lots of lovely images and detail, a very feminine Steampunk creation.
    Love the detail inside too.
    Enjoy thge rest of the weekend.

Wow, this is awesome a gorgeous steampunky box, love all the details and the interesting contents, the images look great.
    Yvonne/Meggymay x

7. Claire C says:

Oh my,his is so beauiful Shirl, I love the steampunky edge to this delicate feminine project. Love all the little details and the contents look scrummy too
    Claire xx

8. irene chillman says:

Absolutely brilliant box Shirl, must of taken you forever, love all the different images and stamping, and the stitching round the lid just finishes it off perfectly.
    Irene xx

9. Sue C says:

Fabulous box Shirl, love all of the details and the pockets are brill idea for your tags ! Sue C x

10. Such a wonderful box, great details.

11. Dot L says:

Hi Shirl…what a brilliant box!!! I found the bottle top, loved the glasses on the lady, checked out the masking tape idea (I will have to give that one a go), see that you have used your sewing machine, and painted, decoupaged, crackled and layered…and still found room for pockets! lol The butterfly gives the whole top of the box great composition. Just going back for another look…

12. Daniele says:

what a fabbie box Shirl, love the torn patches on the image
    hugs

13. Anne Rx says:

Shirley, your box is absolutely stunning, I love it!

14. |Shirl, Fabulous trinket box, so much to look at and all so wonderful.
    🙂 Chris / CS Designs