Crackled Trinket Box

Sunday means FSC time and can you believe that we are one year old on Tuesday … another year where time just flew by and left me standing.

Had fun fun fun with this DT piece an altered wooden box, they come in a set of two, this is the smaller.

Painted with red emulsion … oh my what a lovely mess, then added the crackle glaze … very sticky fingers … not the sticky toffee ones so resisted the urge to lick. Waited until dry before adding another layer of emulsion this time white … should have seen the mess on my fingers after this layer of paint, still having fun though.

Sanded all edges and corners to distress even more … by this time even my hair looked distressed, dry, brittle and frazzled.

Stamped over with various designs to add lots of interest plus I added the little paper stamps which are from a Graphic 45 collection. Finished off with Vintage Photo DI … I was on such a high by this time even the dogs were looking good for me to paint. Guess what I did to glaze the top layer … yayyy good ole clear nail varnish … only the good stuff mind none of your cheapo rubbish.

Don’t even know if what I did to alter this box is right but it all worked for me plus it looks good so in my book that’s what counts.

If you think I had fun making this then check out all the DT’s creations they look fantabulous.
Paula’s looks an interesting piece to alter can you imagine the mess I would get in if I attempted to alter her piece. Mmmmm might just give it a go.

17 Responses to “Crackled Trinket Box”

1. Terry says:

This is some beautiful crackling fun! I just love crackle and this altered box is stunning! The images and vintage feel are so dreamy! So proud to be a part of FSC! Happy Anniversary!

2. Carol says:

A beautiful box very effective loving the aged look.. Happy Anniversary.x

3. Fliss says:

This is stunning Shirley! The crackle finish looks amazing and your inking and stamping is just fabulous.
    I can’t believe it’s a year either and long may FSC continue!
    Hugs, Fliss xx

4. Alie says:

What a great crackled vintage box Shirley…and even the inside is gorgeous…great work!

greetings, Alie 🙂

The crackles look fantastic, I can imagine the fun you had making this awesome alteration.
    Happy Blog Anniversary.
    Yvonne x

This is stunning Shirl, just vintage gorgeousness at your best. Love the crackle and colours.
    Funnily enough I have just bought this set of boxes and altered the larger one (coming up in a couple of weeks time). Have fun with your family when they arrive.
    hugs {brenda} xox

7. Great work Shirl
    I love your crackled Vintage box very very much and also the inside is beautiful.

Greetings Janny

8. Wow, an amazing altered box. Love the crackled background.

Hi Shirley, This is stunning, love the effect and colours with the crackle. The stamps and images you have used are gorgeous.
    A beautiful project.
    Congratulations and Thanks to you for making FSC the great blog it is, and thanks for letting me be a part of it.
    Here’s to the Future.
    Hugs,

10. md says:

sublime bravoooooooooo
    md

11. Anne Rx says:

Your box is absolutely gorgeous, I really enjoyed reading this post, it made me giggle thinking of you with sticky fingers and making a mess – that’s the best part of crafting and you clearly enjoy yourself so much! A x

12. Joanna says:

What a crack(l)ing altered box Shirley! Red base colour – yuuum! Beautiful stamping and I just love that cracle ;). Your distressed hair style was worth it as the project is stunning! Happy 1st FSC anniversary!!! xx

13. Sue C says:

The messier the better I say Shirl ! Your altered box is just stunning ! Sue C x

14. Paula says:

Hi Shirl, I always get in a mess LOL, usually paint over my clothes as I never think to put on an apron. Gorgeous box, fantastic crackle effect and so love the vintage effect created by your beautiful stamping. xx

15. Dot L says:

Hi Shirl…oh I LOVE this altered box! The crackle effect is so striking and the colours very vintage and scrummy! I have so many questions to ask about how the hell you did this…it really looks great Shirley.

16. Hi Shirl
    Now this is they type of art that makes me drool, I know, not very lady like so I will exchange that for a swoon.
    Positively gorgeous.