Double Explosion Card

I have just had two weeks of pure bliss, a very busy pure bliss but oh so enjoyable … pray tell I hear you say … wellllll …
… my Grandchildren, Son and DIL Claire have all been here to stay for their usual summer break and what a fabulous time for us all. They went home yesterday and left us with such a quiet house which will take some time to get used to again. Miss them so much already sigh….

Hence no blogging or housework … all to catch up on, not looking forward to the housework part!!!!

Whilst here it was mine & Andrew’s 30th Wedding Anniversary. Sneaky Claire and Andrew between them, booked for us all to go away for a mini break to the New Park Hotel in Kilkenny. The weekend was absolutely glorious and I do mean glorious (sun included). When the time came to pay my Son and Claire paid for it all. The memory of my 30th Anniversary is going to stay with me forever especially when I make my album to look back on as I have loads and loads of photos to bore you all with.

Amber, Claire and myself had lots of little crafting slots where we managed to have a play with lots of things and Amber has gone home buzzing with ideas for her art at school.

I only just managed to get this card made for my class yesterday a really quick one with not to much work involved.
The photo doesn’t do the inside vellum explosion justice as the vellum is gold embossed and really sparkles and shines, the photo makes it look a dirty brown

First made this type of card can you believe 1st July 2010 which you can see here and below.
This is a larger card than the one above and the inside explosion is paper not vellum.

9 Responses to “Double Explosion Card”

1. Dot L says:

Hi Shirley…happy wedding anniversary to you and Andrew! I’m glad you had such a wonderful time, that place looks awesome!!! Can’t wait to see all the pics, family time is always so precious.
    I love this double explosion card – both of them! So very pretty…it can’t be that easy with all those folds though…it looks complicated

2. irene chillman says:

Glad to hear you had a great time with the kids, look forward to seeing your album with your pics of your special weekend, gorgeous card as usual.
    Irene xx

3. Deb Ochs-LaGrone says:

Happy Anniversary! 30 years is quite an accomplishment in today’s world. Sound like you have a fabulous son and DIL. o happy to hear you enjoyed your time off.

4. Brenda says:

So glad you all had a fabulous time, I have been wondering how you have been doing and will ring you when I get home. Your weekend treat sounds as if it was a very special time so I am longing to look at the photos and I bet Claire and Amber had a great time crafting with you. Happy times.
    Love your card, a very clever and pretty design.
    Speak soon.
    Hugs Brenda xox

5. Anne Rx says:

Belated Happy Anniversary Shirl and how lovely to spend it with your family, makes it extra special. Your card is beautiful.

6. A fabulous card, great shape.

7. Suzanne B says:

Your anniversary celebrations sound lovely:) Your card is a picture…it’s lovely and quite unusual. Suzanne xx

8. Great cards you made Shirl.
    Love teh Vintage look very much.

Greetings Janny

9. Congrats with your wedding anniversary Shirl…and wishing you both lots of happy and healthy years too…
    The cards are great…as usual 🙂

greetings, Alie