Tag Time At FSC

Sorry all been MIA for ages but I have had the family over for the last 10 days and it was cleaning time before they came and now they have gone back it’s the same round of cleaning but in reverse … clean sheets on dirty sheets off, rooms all clean, rooms all dirty … think you get the drift

Anyway it’s Tag Time at Fashionable Stamping Challenges this fortnight and my tag is a joint effort with my favourite grandson Alex (only have one grandson).

Alex is a typical 13 year old boy, when the sun is shining he can find loads to do as soon as the rain comes he’s bored!!! Lucky enough we only had a half day of rain for the entire holiday and that’s when Alex started this tag. I asked him to place different pieces onto a tag … buttons, paper-clips, studs, safety pin and a bottle top … all boy things. I showed him how to rip off pieces of the silver electricians tape and cover over the elements. Gave him a ball tool then asked him to burnish over each piece. He chose a stencil which he used with the moulding paste to add more texture. Next came the gesso … he loved this part … painted over everything on the tag. He picked three different colours of Glimmer Mists and sprayed.

Can you believe after he had done all of that the sun came out so off we all trotted to the beach.
We didn’t get another bad day the entire holiday. Went to Kilmore Quays, Hook Head Lighthouse (oldest working lighthouse in the world), beach three more times and the last day was spent in Kilkenny where we met up with Pat.

Hey presto Alex lost interest and never finished the tag so I added the finishing touches. Not sure he is going to approve of how I finished it though.

Victorian1Victorian

Used Flonzcrafts stamps and remember you could be in with a chance to win $20 to spend at his store if you are picked as the winner of the FSC challenge.

11 Responses to “Tag Time At FSC”

1. Silvia says:

Shirley that’s a wonderful tag with great romantic feeling.

2. Margie D says:

I think Alex will be well impressed that he made that background! Crikey, I’d be impressed if I’d done it LOL. Of course he’s got a great teacher to introduce him to the world of craft. Margie x

3. Sue C says:

Fabulous tag Shirl ! Love the background, I think you’ve done Alex proud ! Sue C x

4. Maura T says:

This is gorgeous Shirley, would you do a tutorial on this would, love to do it.

5. Claire C says:

Gorgeous tag Shirley, love love love that background! Glad the rain stayed away so you could enjoy the beach
    Claire xx

Ooooh you’ve all been on the beach, I am so jealous but it sounds as though you have had a fabulous time together. Love what Alex started and you finished a great vintage tag, lovely colours and images.
    When you’ve finished your cleaning give me a ring again please.

7. Astrid says:

What a fab tag!! That grandson of yours has talent even if he lost interest…. The way you have finished it makes for a brilliant end result, – LOVE it!!!

Hi Shirley…Wow, you and Alex have created something truly wonderful here. The background looks awesome, and the colours just so very beautiful ~ perfect for a vintage finish! I love the pop of the lighter areas to, it adds heaps of depth.

9. Fliss says:

A very stunning looking joint effort Shirley and even if Alex wouldn’t approve, I do! The textured look is just fabulous.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

10. Paula says:

Stunning tag, and love the dual input between you and your Grandson, sounds like you had a fabulous time with your family too. xx

Wow… Alex did an amazing job on that background – and your finishing touches are gorgeous – what a brilliant joint effort!
    Alison x