So Aloof At FSC

Made another inspirational tag for Fashionable Stamping Challenges seeings as how the last one was a joint effort and not really all my own work.

This tag came about because I had a play day yesterday with Pat and I was showing her how to use the melting pot.

I first cut out the beautiful image and Mod Podged her onto a chip board tag which I cut out with the Tim Holtz Tag & Bookplates Die. No Gessoing or painting I left everything plain. Then came the fun bit, melted clear UTE with Cosmic Shimmer Lapis Black UTE then poured and swirled over the edge of the image. Whilst still molten I stamped into it with a Melt Art Textured Tread – Scattered Leaves. All I can say is wow they really work. Such a deep impression my only regret is that I only bought one of the Textured Treads. Didn’t really know how good they were so one was my limit in case I didn’t like them. How wrong can a gal get!!! Hand stitched along her bonnet and added a few of my fave French knots.

Side FaceSide Face1

10 Responses to “So Aloof At FSC”

Oh wow I just love the utee embellishment Shirley, what a fabulous idea and what a gorgeous image. I love the stitched hat with the little knots. You are going to have to teach me how to do those. Please give my love to Pat.

2. Margie D says:

What an amazing effect that is Shirl. I’ve never tried using a melting pot and would love to watch someone do it. Also love the stitching on the hat and the lovely lace collar. A really lovely make and boy, does she look aloof! Love, Margie x

3. Paula says:

Oh WOW Shirl I just love this. It’s sooooo gorgeous, love the image and the utee stamping and that fab stitching on the hat. xx

4. Esther says:

Ooh Shirley – you’re right, how gorgeous is that texture tread stamping – actually it’s all gorgeous !!

5. Terry says:

Yes this is so inspiring! Gorgeous tag and I so love what you did with the textured thread and now I may just have to buy one or two! Love this!

Hi Shirley…I haven’t heard of texture threads, so I will have to check it out! This looks fabulous! Love the UTEE effect, it adds so much depth and so glad you and Pat had a great time with the melt pot.

Beautiful tag & image the combination of elements is wonderful. Have a great day,

Absolutely wonderful image – and I love the lace collar you’ve given her, what a brilliant touch! Great tag…
    Alison x

9. Antonia says:

Fabulous tag , what a great technique really creates a different look. The hand stitching and lace collet really add to the dimensional look , love it ! X

10. Pat says:

I love it well done the finish is great see you soon xx