Back To Show – It’s A Hoot

Well yesterday was an amazing day with Eve from Crafty Queens it was so relaxing and the album we created is gorgeous.
Not finished as usual because I like to put my own finishing touches to it but trust me you will love it. Eve is a wonderful person so bubbly and full of energy she makes everyone feel so welcome.

Kate had her shop there Create With Kate and everything was crafting heaven.

Right let’s get onto my It’s A Hoot album

All was covered with a coat of gesso then used the Imagination Crafts Moonlight Owl stencil with a paste which I acquired from a Lidl’s food store (so cheap and very good). Next step was to cover with Antique Linen distress stain, Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze before adding a coloured gilding wax. The egg stamps are from Stampin Ups Nature Walk.

The inside page has been covered with paper for a little contrast but I painted the glaze over the edges of the die and the stamped images. The images are from Nicecrane Designs.

Next page has been created very similar to the front but I used the Mini Art Is stencil from TCW for the background. The die is Chesapeake Circle from Memory Box which I cut twice then overlayed one onto the other. Added gauze over the top but it obscured the image so I made a cut across the middle and pulled back. Covered her and the clock with a coat of glossy accents.

The lady on the edge is the envelope flap from the next page which looks better left open.

Owl2Owl9Owl10

Owl11

Made an envelope pocket on this page which I have added a Fat Face tag .
How sweet is my grandson Alex he saved it for me when he took it off a T/Shirt he bought. He knew I would use it for my crafting … awwww. Slotted it behind the stamped vintage pram. More stenciling with a Tando Creative Mask: Leaves Set 2. Lastly used a script stamp onto material then over stamped with the lady.

Owl3Owl4

Phew long post for me. Tee hee … what am I like … getting bored now with telling everything I did so if there is anything you want to know just mail and I will get back to you.

Owl5Owl6Owl7

Entering For: Frilly & Funky – Birds & Nests

Hope you enjoy looking as much as I enjoyed making.

x x x

12 Responses to “Back To Show – It’s A Hoot”

1. Oh Shirl this is fabulous! Love the colors, the images and all the texture. Really lovely. Hugs,
    ~Deb~
    CDAC DT Member
    A Look Through My Eyes

2. Margie D says:

Hi Shirl, your album is fabulous and I just love the owl on the front! Sounds like you had a great time crafting and the result is brilliant. Love, Margie x

3. Having seen this TREASURE album ‘in real life’, I can attest that it is absolutely stunning! Simply jaw-dropping that there are just so many gorgeous elements included, using a vast and fantastic range of techniques. Scrummily tactile album too! Shirley you are one very lovely and talented lady and it was a pleasure to see this and learn how you made it! I’m loving all your tips too! Nicola x

Wow Shirley, this looks amazing, so full of textures, soft colours and wonderful images. Beautifully designed and executed as always. I see you have met Nicola, she can’t get to my blog – no one knows why? Would Andrew have any ideas? (bless him – give him my love).
    I hope you will be bringing some of these wonderful things over when you next come – or maybe they can wait till September – gotta do that trip!!!

5. Astrid says:

OMG, this is totally stunning, the textures and soft colours are so beautiful, vintage beauty incarnate!! It sounds as if you had a wonderful day and with Kate there with all her goodies, no wonder you had fun!!

6. Ignacio says:

Abslutely stunning shriley…….love the colors, the texture,,,,and each detail here,, waht a fabulous idea to use my French lady……there,,,,,I am falling in love with your die cuts,,,,,,,,,A true treasure my friend,,,,,,very well done.

7. Silvia says:

Wow Shirley, that’s a breathtaking project.

Absolutely gorgeous, such lovely colours and texture. Love the images and sentiments.
    Sounds like you had a fabulous day.

9. Fantastic album Shirley
    love the colors, texture and every thing else.

Greetings Janny

10. Donna Gibson says:

LOVE, love, love that stenciled owl!! I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like that before! And the way you created the nest with eggs below. It’s such a beautiful cover for an album full of so many little details…pockets, stamped images and even more gorgeous stenciling!! Just breathtaking! Thank you for sharing it with us at Frilly and Funkie!

11. Buttons says:

WOW Shirl!! This is absolutely fantastic! LOVE that owl with his nest/eggs on the cover and then even more deliciousness awaits on the inside. Superb. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie with this. Hugs, Jenny x

It’s so beautiful, especially the cover with the Owl. The textures are fabulous. LOVE it !