Sew-N-Sew At FSC

Firstly I want to say hello and welcome to Laura who is joining Fashionable Stamping Challenges this week but sadly our teemie Fashion Stampette Silvia has decided to step down so I just want to say good luck Silvia in wherever your new journey takes you sweetie pie.

This fortnights challenge at FSC is one of my faves as sewing is something that I have always loved doing. Each fortnight one of the DT’s get to pick the theme and I have Sue to thank for choosing this one.

Isn’t the stamp pretty it’s one from our sponsor Flonz Crafts and to make it easier for you I have left a link here of where to buy her.

The card was made by stamping the image onto gauze, putting some wadding behind before stitching around the edge. I die cut a frame and then stitched around the edge with a zig zag and a straight stitch.

Did something that I haven’t done before I added some Sepia Accents to her hair and dress which made it perfect to add little stray pieces of material. Stamped onto the bottle top but it looked to neat so I sanded some ink off. You just have to pop on over to see all the Design Teams projects they are amazing and while you’re there you might just as well enter because you never know it might be you who wins the $20 to spend at Flonz’s Store.

13 Responses to “Sew-N-Sew At FSC”

Beautiful Shirley, I love the contrast of colours and all the soft fabrics.

2. Astrid says:

Gorgeousmake Shirl, suuch a fab idea too to make this a fabric piece, it’s stunning!

3. Sue C says:

Beautiful project Shirl, love all the fabric and the image is lovely ! Sue C x

This is gorgeous, love that she’s stamped on fabric and the adddition of lace looks as if she’s sewing.
    Gorgeous frame too.

5. Dots Dabbles says:

Hi Shirley…how do you do it! This is about as feminine and girly as any piece can be. I really love the naturalness and softness of the button piece too. So many gorgeous elements to see.

6. Sandra says:

Hi Shirley this is so gorgeous I just love it so soft and feminine. Just love the challenge theme to. Sandra X

7. Anne R says:

Hi Shirl, your card is absolutely beautiful, so feminine. The little ‘stray’ pieces of fabric on her dress look amazing! Love the bottle cap too and of course, the scissors. A wonderful make. Thanks so much for your visit and lovely comment, it is much appreciated. Hugs, Anne x PS – How wonderful to have Laura on your team now too, her work is superb.

8. Ellie Knol says:

Hi Shirl!
    Gorgeous project here! LOVE the scissors, (where did you get that?), and I also LOVE the lace you’ve used with the tiny little flowers! It just makes the dress so interesting as well!

9. Fliss says:

This is so pretty Shirley. Love all the soft embellishing and the lovely colours.
    xx

10. Claire C says:

Wowser Shirl, this is a real stunner! Gorgeous stamping and such pretty details. I’ve got a bad case of embellishment envy too lol, those scissors and fab and I adore that bottlecap
    Claire xx

How gorgeous – love that gauzy stamping, and the cherry red looks wonderful amidst all those soft delicate ivories, fabrics, laces and die-cuts.
    Alison x

12. This is so gorgeous Shirley.
    Love every details.
    Greetings Janny

13. Just stunning Shirley! Love how soft and gauzie your piece. I hope all is well. Best, Yvonne