Peace & Tranquility

As if I need to tell you it’s Friday today … all you crafters out there will be chomping at the bit for 5 0’clock to come around so that you can dash off home ready for your weekend of crafting heaven to start.

Today is week 4 of the Crafts-Too-Challenge You which has this months theme of texture.
Onto twist 2 of the theme and we would dearly love to see you add something shiny or glittery.

My DT make this week is a tag which has just about everything on there that makes me a happy and relaxed bunny when crafting.

Stamping and especially colouring really surrounds me with such a charming sense of peace and tranquility. Everything just shuts off around me and I hear and feel nothing except the stroke of the paintbrush. I know that sounds really mushy but I do honestly feel like that.

All the cares and woes just drift away and leaves me with a face like this … 😀

Painted her with a mixture of mediums but mainly Cosmic Shimmers. Loads of texture on the tag … oh my, even die cut some gold mirri card … which I have to say I rather like!!! Stamped the butterfly onto DP then added glossy accents before pressing the little gems into it.

Shine

The pretty embossing folder is an A4 Crafts Too which I used on the tag and the vellum envelope. More texture with the gauze material and the stamped sentiment which is one of my faves from Dyane Reaveley. Now it’s your turn to have fun and enter those scrummy pieces plus hop on over to see what my other teamies have made.

10 Responses to “Peace & Tranquility”

1. Anne R says:

Hi Shirl, well your tag is scrummy indeed, I really love the mix of colours you have used to colour the wonderful lady and the embossing folder creates a wonderful back drop. This is one beautiful tag! Hugs, Anne x

2. Astrid says:

Lovely and beautifully feminine tag! Love the little envelope with the butterfly! Also I know exactly what you mean with what you describe about how you feel. I completely share that, so I don’t think it’s mushy at all lol…

3. Jennie says:

Fabulous piece Shirley – I love the little envelope and your combination of colours. And I agree with your description about peace and tranquility! not mushy at all!

4. OOhhhh that girl sparkles for sure! Beautiful tag. Have a superdicious weekend. Nicola x

Gorgeous feminine tag, love the colours you’ve used. Know what you mean about losing yourself in craft – I just need the opportunity!
    Have a great weekend.

6. Silvia says:

That’s a wonderful tag, fabulous elements. 🙂

Now doesnt she look just beautiful tucked away in this fabulous tag. Lots of wonderful texture, colour and shiny elements together and your drift into creativity shines through. Have a great weekend.

Delightful – love that touch of shimmer on the lovely tinting of the image! Great sentiment and butterfly too…
    Alison x

gorgeous tag, I love that lady image, I have it sitting uninked (it’s one of the freebies from Craftstamper ?). I really like the words you added. Cheers, Shirleyx

10. Sandra says:

Totally gorgeous tag so soft and calm looking with a bit of sparkle. Hugs Sandra X