Funkie Junkie 12 Tags Of Christmas – #5

Yippee and yayyyy, a very dear crafting buddy lent me some of her Christmas crafting goodies. Thank You Sweets.

She took pity on me because my Christmas stash is rubbish so now I can craft on in STYLE!!!

Christmas Tags Funkie Junkie style #5

#1 tag is here with the rules. Linda’s 5th tag and the Funkie Junkie Boutique is here.

Entering this one into the Craft Stamper Take It Make It Challenge – they want to see some splishy splashy splatter.

Why am I showing the back as well you ask … well, I couldn’t make my mind up which side to add my embellies. Finally went for the other side because the splatter looked so cool.

Wrong!!! Should have used the back side because I ended up covering all my lovely splish splash splatter… ah well can’t get it right all the time!!!

Firstly painted the front and back of my tag with a gorgeous turquoise chalk paint before flicking with some gesso and stamping with a splodge from the Stampin Up set called French Foliage.

Stamped onto vellum before adding gold E P onto one of the stamp sets loaned to me. This set is called Beautiful Season from Stampin Up (now retired).

Linda’s inspiration came into play at this stage as I die cut a frame from the Spellbinders Blossom Five with some corrugated cardboard. then framed the bird image.

Other stamps borrowed and used are Mini Holidays Three.

Footnote: Just want to say that the tag, paint, splodge stamp, vellum, corrugated card, rope and string used are all my own!!!

11 Responses to “Funkie Junkie 12 Tags Of Christmas – #5”

1. Anne R says:

The gesso flicking is very effective and has created a wonderful backdrop for the lovely bird. Anne x

2. Donna Ellis says:

How pretty, Shirl! A lovely background both front and back, with the snowiest details. Your sweet little bird is so cute! Thanks for the idea for using gesso, too! You may think you used the wrong side, but it looks perfect! hugs, de

Beautiful Christmas tag, love the colours and the splash of the background ! Have a fabulous day, Shirleyx

4. Sylvia-Anne says:

Fabulous tag Shirl – love the colours and the SU birdie inside the frame. Great use of the Gesso too!
    hugs, Sylvia xx

5. Beautiful tag Shirley .
    Love the colors very much.
    Greetings Janny

Live the design and take on Linda’s tag Shirley, great colours and fabulous splatters.

7. I love your background Shirley! Gorgeous tag!
    Alison x

Beautiful tag Shirley, love the background and wonderful frame for the bird

9. Love the splatter backgrounds on both sides! Beautiful work with the velum and the gold embossing too. I really like the blue color tones – gives such a lovely icy feel to it. Super work, Shirl. So glad you are continuing to play along. Can’t wait to see what you have for us this week!

Hugs,
    Linda

10. Trish Latimer says:

Love this Shirl, great colours! Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper Blog Challenge!

11. Chrissie says:

These looks simply amazing Shirl!
    Thanks so much for joining in the challenge at Craft Stamper this time!
    Chrissie