No Ink Challenge

Home from my little jaunt away and was greeted with my delicious new stamps from PaperArtsy calledID Dolls 1 and ID Dolls 2 – Simply GORGEOUS can’t wait to use Dolls 2.

Fashionable Stamping Challenges this fortnight is Anything But Ink … mmmmm just had to use her.

It’s not until you have a challenge like this that you realise how much ink you use on your projects. I have my teamie Laura to thank for the theme and for making me use my little grey cells. You really should check out her Cameo piece – it is gorge!

Everything on this tag has been made with paint, ehh except for the string and the beads and the card and the paste …!!! But the wooden beads were given a coat of paint which made them look quite boring so I decided to cover with spots.

Lost count of how many times I picked up an item only to remember that it was an ink product.

Used three stamps on the tag and each was stamped with a chalk paint. The tree in the background is from Stampin Up called Lovely As A Tree and a beauty of a stamp from Penny Black called Harlequin Border which I bought for a bargain price.

Before the stamping and paste were added to the tag I dabbed a watered down version of the paint to the edges and let it run to find it’s own level.

Also instead of gluing the stamped doll image I dolloped some paste onto the tag and sat the image on top.

Entering for the Craft Stamper Take It Make It Challenge they want to see splatter on your project.

Entering into PaperArtsy Make.

10 Responses to “No Ink Challenge”

A beautiful tag Shirley, love the soft colours you used, the background looks fantastic.
    Yvonne x

2. Lynne says:

This is fun and wonderfully arty – Love it!
    Wishes
    Lynne

How cool! Love the soft colours on your fabby background, haven’t seen these ‘dolls before – looking forward to no. 2!

4. Terry says:

Shirley, this is very cool indeed! Love that background and artsy feel. Fun and fabulous! I set mine aside after the mishap, but did non-ink stamp another piece and forgot! Will finish it up for tomorrow! Hugs!

Wow you did a great job with this one Shirley, such clever use of the paint and stamps and so quirky. Love it.

Such a lovely, ethereal colour palette – and I love the layered background and fantastic “gluing” of the doll with the texture paste – how cool is that?! Thanks for joining in over at PaperArtsy this week!
    Alison x

7. Shirl, your tag is stunning! I love how you glued that PA doll, brilliant idea.
    Alison x

8. I love these little PA dollies! Great effects here without ink! I really enjoyed doing this too and – like you – I realized how much I rely on inks of various kinds; it’s such fun to stamp with paints though, Julie Ann xx

9. coco says:

Originally, that’s this tag for which I absolutely wanted to pop on over your blog and tell you that it has really spoken to me… (oops..not sure my English is correct Lol ! sorry if not). LOVE it, it’s funny and terrific !!! Hugs Coco xx

10. […] and inking was definitely the fun part of this card and even I can’t believe that 2013 was the last time I dusted this little stamp off.  She’s from PaperArtsy called Dolls Plate […]