First Wall Hanging

This is my first wall hanging simply because not sure if this was my type of thing.

Had a play day yesterday with the melt pot, corrugated cardboard, paint, beeswax, napkins, mica powder, gilding wax, border die, stitching and ribbon.

This is the result after all the playing and I really loved how it turned out. This piece will be hanging in my craft room as of today and I just might be doing some more!!!

The stitching came about because I wanted a decorative edge at the top. Cut it out with an Xcut border die which had lots of little holes when cut.

Stitching and myself go hand in hand so out came the needle and thread to do a quick back stitch along the top.
Just didn’t want to glue or tape the ribbon handle so this was stitched onto the wall hanging at the same time. This appealed to the neat freak in me so the back also looked nice.

Wall Hanging3Wall HangingWall Hanging2

7 Responses to “First Wall Hanging”

1. Donna Ellis says:

How pretty, Shirl! Your list of ingredients produced wonderful effects, and beautifully intense colors! The scallop embossed edges, striped, thick ribbon, and bow tied at the base of the flower stems look amazing. Thank you so much for sharing this Lovely – hope to see more – truly a lovely piece to hang on the wall! hugs, de

It’s so beautiful, Shirl – the poppies look so delicious all faded and shabby chic, and that ribbon is a fantastic touch – gorgeous work, and it sounds like you had lots of fun too. Can’t wait to see more! Thank you for your lovely comments over at W&P today. Still feel like I’m chasing my tail trying to catch up with stuff…
    Alison xx

Your wall hanging is beautiful, love the red/black/cream combo. The stitching adds a lot to this design, the poppies are gorgeous. Take care, Shirleyx

More melt pot Shirley? Love this with the gorgeous poppies and beautiful ribbon for hanging it. The sewing us a great detail and finishes that border beautifully.

5. Astrid says:

Oh wow Shirley, this looks fabulous! Cool idea and the resut is fntastic! Love those poppies and the border at the top just finishes it off beautifully!

Just gorgeous, and the stitched heading just finishes it off beautifully. Love the poppies.

Hi Shirley. Love love love this! You most definitely should be doing more of these! I love the mixed media on this, I bet you had heaps of fun!!!