Captured Forever

Each year on my birthday one memory always comes to mind … something that somebody said to me many years ago. It always triggers a picture of me holding my mum’s hand as she is standing speaking to a friend. I can remember the day as if it were yesterday.

It was my birthday, so I didn’t want to stand around chatting. I was doing the usual child thing, fidgeting about, bored and saying “Are we going now?”. Her friend laughed and turned to me saying “make the most of today because as you get older they will come around so fast and you won’t want them to”. I can remember thinking gosh it takes ages for a birthday to come around. As a child I didn’t realise the meaning of those words … I do now.

Who watches The Paradise, just love the clothes … especially what Katherine wears … and the era? Last week’s episode was the taking of photos. How stern did they look when posing, no sunny smiling faces in those days.

Used another freebie image from Astrid. Thanks for these, sweets, we really appreciate all your hard work in giving us these.

Made this 5 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ photo frame. Forgot to take a photo of the back but I used the Sizzix Small Easel Die which makes a terrific stand. Cut the Sizzix Scalloped Frame three times then layered one on top of each other so that I could recess the photo. How terrified do they look!!!

December’s main theme at Crafts-Too-Challenge You is The Natural World. There are two parts to the monthly challenge and today we are starting the first part which is add a flower.

Used a Crafts Too stencil with some molding paste to create the rose effect, the flourish die is also a Crafts Too. The larger flowers are a Stampin Up stamp called Flower Shop.

Natural2Natural1

The rest of the design team have worked really hard to bring you some amazing inspiration so pop here to have a peek.

11 Responses to “Captured Forever”

1. Anja says:

Wonderful vintage creation,, lovely image and amazing decoration.
    Big hugs Anja

2. Irene Chillman says:

Gorgeous creation as usual, Happy Birthday Shirl, hope it’s a good one.
    Irene xx

Gorgeous Shirley! The frame with the rose molding paste is beautiful and so are the flowers 🙂 Have a great weekend, Shirleyx

ps.. hope you had a great birthday 🙂

Stunning card, loving the gorgeous group of flowers and framing.
    Hope you had a lovely day on your Birthday, those are special memories to keep.
    Yvonne x

6. moniqued says:

splendide*
    bravo
    oceo

7. Terry says:

Something about the holidays that really make us think of our parents and precious memories! Something I just finished made me think of my mom as well! Shirley, this is a gorgeous creation and the image from Astrid is just perfect! Love the framing and all the details! Have a fabulous weekend! Hugs!

Hi Shirley. I think that the rosette stencil looks fantastic with this gorgeous bouquet of flowers! Love the image too!!!!!!

9. Donna Ellis says:

Oh, Shirl! THIS IS ART! I mean, I would love to display it – how gorgeous it is, and your color choices and flower arranging look amazing. Shirl, thanks for sharing your birthday memory (happy birthday). They surely do come around too close – Life flies by – and it is always something to be able to enjoy seeing others doing so much as I slow down LOL

thanks for sharing about your special day, and your memory.
    hugs,
    de

10. Silvia says:

Such a lovely card with wonderful elements.

Beautiful frame Shirley, love the depth and textures – and such gorgeous flowers.
    Hope you had a wonderful Birthday – and it’s true – the birthdays do seem to come round quickly these days!
    Hugs, Avril xx