Simply Spiffing

Stamped and embossed this cheeky chappy from Time Travellers with black E P onto craft card then coloured with Distress Inks. For the background I used white E P with this stamp from Indigo Blu (just the music part). Also used Tim’s Journeyman tissue tape which was added randomly but very sparingly.

Part of the Ephemera 3 collection of stamps from Paperartsy was stamped onto a spare piece of cardstock which was coloured also with DI’s then roughed up the edges a little. For the finishing touches I used a few bits from the G45 Typography papers and a framed die before using my fave Alphabet Stamps for the spiffing and old chap sentiment.

Brrr, well this was a surprise this morning. Winter is well and truly here the fluffy white stuff has started flurrying around in huge swirls. Took a quick photo from inside … I was not going outside for anything.

Fluffy White Stuff1Fluffy White Stuff

Entering for: The Artistic StamperAnything Goes
Simon Says Challenge – Use A Stamp

13 Responses to “Simply Spiffing”

1. Anne R says:

Fabulous card Shirl, I just love the time traveller stamp, love what you did with it and the embellishments are fabulous. Sadly, no snow here, just lots of rain and wind…. Hugs, Anne x

2. Great card. Thank you for joining in The Artistic Stamper Challenge

3. Tracy Evans says:

Lovely card, the gentleman looks fantastic set against your embossed backdrop. Great design . Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x

4. Trace metcalfe says:

What a wonderful piece, I do love that stamp and love how you have created such a cool background for him xx he looks fab..no white stuff here thank goodness! Hugs trace x

Hi Shirley…we have just sweltered through a 40 deg day, so looking at your snow looks soooo refreshing! I love what you have done with this this stamp set. A gorgeous composition with a timeless background which suits it so well.

6. Astrid says:

Fabulous piece Shirl, a real mixed media creation with a lot of flair to it! Love your snowy pictures too and I had to laugh when reading Dot’s comment. My poor Australian family who are visiting are freezing (and we don’t have any snow yet)…. Oh and thanks for adding it to our Artistic Stamper challenge!

Fantastic card, love all the details and images.
    Yvonne

Great card Shirl, love the background and all the details. Loving your wintery pics – perfect crafting weather I would say!

9. Shirl I absolutely love this card! masculine cards are very daunting for me and I am awestruck at this beauty!

Fabulous work Shirley, love that Time TRaveller. Can’t believe you got some snow, hope it didn’t get too thick.

11. coco says:

Wow, this is really gorgeous !!! And thanks for sharing these photos of your country with some snow all around ! 🙂 Since I’m leaving for a few days tomorrow, I wish you a Merry Christmas now Shirl! Hugs, Coco xx

12. Terry says:

Oh I just love your old chap! Stunning background and so much interest for the eyes! Great chilly photos! You must have a nice piece of property, because this looks so lovely! Well I hope you are all ready for Santa and have been nice!!! Hugs!

13. Buttons says:

Simply spiffing? Simply stunning I’d say Shirley. This is superb. I love that you’ve used brighter colours with the vintage tones. Jenny x