One Layer Or Maybe Not

The girls made a one layer card in my class yesterday but then the butterfly was added later … which technically made it a two layer piece.  They are learning more about blending and inking and I am pleased to say all are enjoying so far.

Fashionable Stamping Challenges this fortnight have a theme of  “Anything Goes” and below is the card we made yesterday which I have added as my DT make.

The background started with brushing/stroking and tickling different colours of distress inks to give everything depth, then came the stamping and finally embossed with white powder.  Once everything was embossed we coloured in with more distress inks.

I would love it if you hopped on over to see all the DT’s work as they are simply stunning.  Also don’t forget that the winner of the FSC challenge has $20 to choose anything they like from Flonz’s store.

13 Responses to “One Layer Or Maybe Not”

You ‘tickle the inks’ beautifully Shirley! This has a beautifully whimsy look and is so soft and feminine…you have used white to absolute perfection. I love it when people realise how much fun inks are, and I am so glad that your girls are enjoying it.

2. Brenda says:

I’m a big fan on one layer cards Shirley, but as I said on my blog yesterday know it scare some people. Like you I did a class on it recently and once the girls got over the shock they created some beauties, as is this one of yours today. Lovely colours as well.

B x

Hi Shirley, your design is gorgeous, I love the soft colouring and backing ‘scene’ with the white embossing. I hope you are doing well. All is fine here still adjusting to living in town, it’s different. Take care, Shirleyxx

4. Craftyfield says:

Lovely soft colouring for this delightful card.

5. Sue says:

Lovely tickling, think I’ll have to have ago at this as I love it especially used with the white embossing. T F’S. Sue

6. Monica says:

Oh this is so very pretty. Love the effects you achieved using white embossing beneath your fab inking on top. Really nice to see it’s possible to make pretty ONE-LAYER cards…
    Thanks for sharing your art. Hugs from Monica…. Spain

7. Silvia says:

That’s an amazing card, love the soft colors.

Beautiful background, love the pale shades. Its a lovely designed card.
    Yvonne

It’s a beautiful card. Love the background shading and gorgeous colours, really makes the white embossing ‘pop’

10. Anne R says:

I love how you brush / stroke and tickle those Distress inks Shirl, your card is fabulous! The embossing is so effective too. Love this card! Hugs, Anne xx

11. Hi Shirl! I have sent a couple emails and am concerned you may not have received them. Anyways, my answer to your question is “yes”. Thanks a bunch. Talk soon.

12. Loving the results of your stroking and tickling Shirl! Jenny x

13. The colouring on this is so subtle, Shirley! The white sets everything off perfectly too! A beautiful card.