Winter Wonderland At FSC

I have had such a fabulous month that there just wasn’t enough time left for crafting and blogging.

The family have been over for a 10 day holiday (four adults and three grandkids) – wow, full house!

Remember the saying … ‘can’t see the woods for the trees’, well that’s what my craft room was like … ‘can’t see the room for the craft stuff’ …  Not Any More

Whilst my son was here he revamped my craft room.  All new work tops have been added along three walls and new shelving.  All I can say is what a transformation.  Everything was taken out and not so much was put back in.  Still having a tidy up but when finished I will bore you with photos.

The month wasn’t finished there, Andrew and I took ourselves off to the UK for a well earned break.  All refreshed and ready for my birthday this weekend then I can start thinking about Christmas.

In the meantime Fashionable Stamping Challenges this fortnight have a theme of  “Winter Wonderland” which was picked by my fabby teamie sister Dani.

Loads of different techniques used but my fave has to be the over embossing in white.

3245

Used this stamp here, Gibson Lovers, as I thought the image on this card needed to be soft and romantic to fit in with the winter wonderland colour scheme I chose.

I would love it if you hopped on over to see all the DT’s work as they are simply stunning.  Also don’t forget that the winner of this challenge has $20 to choose anything they like from Flonz’s store.

11 Responses to “Winter Wonderland At FSC”

Absolutely beautiful, Shirl – perfect frosty colours, and I love the soft watercolour effect of the stamping – those trees are gorgeous! Delicious.
    Alison xx

2. Irene Chillman says:

Brilliant card Shirl, certainly is a winter wonderland, can see why you love the white embossing, makes everything look so snowy, and don’t the Gibson lovers just make you want to smile.
    I think that’s my Christmas card sorted then, don’t you.
    Irene xx

3. Stunning Shirley! Perfection for the challenge. Hugs, Yvonne

4. Stunning Christmas card with a fairytale feel about it.
    Julie x

5. Craftyfield says:

Lovely wintry scene, I can feel the cold! The effect of the over embossing is fantastic, it gives such dimension to the trees. Are they Flonzcraft too?
    Crfatyfield xx

A beautiful card Shirley. the background looks magical.
    Yvonne x

Hi Shirley, your card is beautiful, very elegant, love the texture background. Take care, Shirleyxx

8. Brenda says:

Busy, busy, bust by the sounds of thinks Shirley, but nice to have family to stay plus a belated Happy Birthday to you as well.

And you still found time to create a stunning winter Wonderland.

B x

9. Anne R says:

What a gorgeous card Shirl, you really have captured a wonderful romantic wintery scene. It sounds as if you have had a very busy but lovely time with your family – and a bonus to get your craft room revamped too. I hope you have a wonderful birthday! Hugs, Anne xx

10. Most jealous of that revamped craft room! How kind of your son. Love the beautiful wintery card too. Jenny x

11. Esther says:

Sooo lovely….such beautiful soft colours, a perfect winter wonderland! Esther (oh and also very jealous of that re-vamped craft room, even without the pics)