Birthday Gifts Galore

Another topsy turvy week has just gone by, which has been the way my whole year has gone so far.

I was due to go into hospital on 7th January to have an op on my leg.  First date they gave me was the 17th December.  Turned this down because it was too near Christmas so 7th January was suggest and I said yes.

The electricity went off for most of the day Monday and off again for an hour on Tuesday morning which didn’t put me in a good mood.  The phone went and it was the hospital to say they had a cancellation and could I go in the next day (Wednesday).  What the heck, it would be over and done with for Christmas and then I could start the New Year afresh.

So here I am sitting with a very sore leg on my birthday.  Only able to hobble at the best of times but managed to take a pic of a couple of my birthday pressies.

How gorgeous are these?  When I got the phone call I had already made arrangements to have a coffee and lunch with my crafty friend that day at Rathwood.  Whilst there she bought me these fabulous slippers for my birthday so that I could take them in with me the next day.  Because they were so gorgeous and comfortable I decided not to take them into hospital (in case they got anything yukky on them).  At the moment I can’t get them on my feet but will be wearing them soon lol.  Thanks Crafty Friend x x

DSC06832_edited

Another birthday gift came through the post from my SIL Irene.  She sent me a handmade Chocolate Bar and Gift Wallet.  It is soooo pretty and very much me, I love it.

Inside pics of the chocolate bar and a little extra pressie of canvas tags.

Just in case you are wondering what Andrew got me … just what I asked for all the Spectrum Noir AquaTint Inks.  YouTube here.

What a little gem and he is spoiling me rotten.  So how lucky am I – who cares if the leg hurts!!!!

9 Responses to “Birthday Gifts Galore”

1. Irene Chillman says:

Love the slippers your crafty friend bought you Shirl, glad to hear Andy is spoiling you. Got to have some Aquatints, santa’s been told.
    Irene x

2. Craftyfield says:

First let me wish you a happy birthday fellow Sagittarius! Love the slippers, they look warm as well as pretty, just what’s needed with the cold weather. Irene’s wallet card is gorgeous the chocolate and tags are a nice touch too! Enjoy playing with your aquatints, Andrew’s a gem for getting you the crafting stuff you crave!

Happy Birthday Shirley!!! And I’m glad that the op is over and done with…nice to get it out of the way. I suggest eating chocolate for your sore leg – chocolate fixes everything!!! Your card and slippers are both so thoughtful…you are lucky to have such good friends.

Happy Birthday Shirley. Now your operation is over, I hope you have a swift recovery and things go well. The gifts look lovely.
    Yvonne xx

5. Sue says:

Happy Birthday Shirl, and a speedy recovery!Keep missing you on skype guess we are both far too busy maybe catch up with you as your housebound for a bit.Love xue xx

6. Happy Birthday Shirley. So glad you were looked after so right royally as you deserve it. Those slippers look incredibly inviting and will be a real boon as you sit with your feet up. Great to hear the op went well and as you say, it’ll be best foot forward in the New Year. Hugs, Jenny x

7. Dianne says:

Happy Birthday……Hope the leg heals real fast……

8. Anne R says:

Belated happy birthday wishes Shirl, sorry to hear your leg is sore but those gorgeous slippers will be waiting for you when it is feeling much better! That was a fabulous gift from hubby too! Hugs, Anne xx

Belated birthday greetings, Shirl! So sorry you’re getting gyp from your leg – but I do hope all goes well with the op – wise decision not to mess with Christmas!! – and those slippers will be toasty once you get them on!
    Alison xx