FSC Wants Numbers

Fashionable Stamping Challenges this fortnight want to see “NUMBERS” on your make.  Amanda picked this theme and I thoroughly enjoyed making this card.

I also enjoyed taking the photo … yes you did read correctly, all my whining and whinging about photo taking is a thing of the past  (I hope).

Andrew bought me a super duper light tent with all the fandangle of lights on stands that goes with it.  (OMG it’s huge!!!!!)  Took the photo with the white background (it comes with four different coloured background sheets) and I was very impressed with the results so left it white.  I usually like to do a coloured background around my work which I create in gimp.  This is my first take and I can see a lot of practising ahead with the contraption but I am going to really enjoy the challenge of it .

A huge thank’s and more Andrew.

The background was made by spritzing water onto the card before dropping some granules of coffee onto it, leave until it soaks in then wipe off any excess.  Dragged some paint and ink across the card when all was dry.  The sewing machine also saw the light of day for the first time this year!!!

It was so easy to achieve the tarnished look on the die cogs.  Cut them out with greyboard, inked with versamark before sprinkling with black soot and aged mahogany distress embossing powders.  Finished off by rubbing some gold gilding wax on the edges..

I would love it if you hopped on over to see all the DT’s work as they are simply stunning.  Also don’t forget that the winner of this challenge has $20 to choose anything they like from Flonz’s store.

14 Responses to “FSC Wants Numbers”

1. Brenda says:

Absolutely love your creation today Shirley. And lucky girl having a light tent, I think taking photos of our makes is such a nightmare with the constant dull days we have.

B x

2. Craftyfield says:

Lovely vintage card! Funny I just inked this very Gentleman stamp yesterday. You will find taking pics in the winter a lot more easy with the light tent, I have so much trouble getting enough light at the moment!

3. Irene Chillman says:

Fantastic make Shirl, your rusty cogs turned out perfectly, as I knew they would. Your background using the coffee granules is so awesome, shame I have yet to master this technique. Lol!
    I xx

4. DANI says:

Great card, love the steampunk look!!!!!!

Fabulous card Shirley, love all the super images. Looks like you have found a gem of a product to help getting better photos.
    Yvonne xx

Shirley the photographer! Still smiling about that one 🙂 I think you have done a brilliant job with this challenge Shirley. I kind of get the feeling that the guy is looking back in time into his past…so thoughtfully appropriate for the numbers challenge. You have an incredible imagination. Totally gorgeous!!!

7. Anne R says:

The coffee stained background looks fantastic and you have rusted those cogs beautifully. Funnily enough I got a light tent too, still getting used to the size of it (!) and still practicing too…. I think they are perfect for our British weather! Hugs, Anne xx

Love this Shirley, fabulous background and images, and the cogs look fab. Lucky you getting a light tent – much better than my ‘shoe box’
    Crafty hugs, Avril xx

9. Claire C says:

Love your coffee background Shirl, in fact I love everything about this project its stunning!
    The rusty effect with the distress EPs looks amazing, i’ll have to dust mine off and give it a try
    have fun with your new toy
    Claire xx

10. Silvia says:

That’s a gorgeous card perfect for a man.

Ooh, what a fab grungy masculine make… I love those rusty accents.
    Alison xx

12. Esther says:

Hi Shirley – ooh how exciting to have your own light tent…your photo is great !! And so is your card…love the vintagey grunginess…..I have that stamp of the children, forgot it had numbers on it ! I’ve never got on with distress EP..but your rusty accents look amazing…Esther xx

13. NieNie says:

Great card! Thanks for the reminder about coffee staining! I’m working with a more limited craft stash than usual, but do have coffee to work with. 🙂

14. I am SO with you on the light tent Shirl. Doesn’t it make a difference to photo taking! And this is a fantastic vintage card to be shown so clearly in all it’s glory. Jenny x