Gentleman’s Pen Holder

How guilty do I feel today?  Andrew asked if he could take his pen holder to put on his desk today.

So where does the guilty feeling come from???  I made this 3 months ago and it has been sitting on my desk ever since.  I wouldn’t let hubby take to work until I had photographed it.

Well me and photo taking is still not a match made in heaven but how bad am I to make hubby wait this long?  Shame on ya girl!!!!

Andrew actually brought home the toilet rolls from work for me to make these crafting implement holders for my craft room.  You can see the first one here.

He really liked what I made so asked if I could make one for him.  Cock-a-hoop and thrilled to bits as this was the first thing he has asked me to make specially for him.

It turned out rather well and has the look of leather, just like those expensive pen holders on a Victorian gentleman’s desk.

All done and dusted hunny so you can have it to sit on your desk (sorry)!!!

Pen Holder 1Pen Holder 2Pen Holder 3

I have another one which I want to show as soon as I have taken the pics.

Do you remember Mr Key Box here, well he is nearly finished.  I found this key which I want to put on the front of the box but it needs two holes drilled into the wood and Andrew is waiting for me to tell him where the holes should be!!

Key 1Key

7 Responses to “Gentleman’s Pen Holder”

1. Irene Chillman says:

Yeah shame on you, love the pen pot, it’s going to look fab on Andy’s desk. Looking forward to seeing the key box finished.
    I xx

Wow fantastic masculine pen holder. Beautiful work! Take good care, Shirleyxx

I’m not surprised you held on to it for so long (yes, I know, “accidentally” forgetting to take the photos – good one!) – it’s simply fabulous. Love the hexagons and wonderful inkpot and quill – brilliant masculine neutrals – I love it!
    Alison xx

4. Craftyfield says:

Been there, done that… so I am in no position to berate you! No wonder hubby clamoured for it, the holder is beautiful and so perfect for a man’s desk!
    xx

Poor Andrew, such a long wait. But I can see why you wanted to delay it leaving your desk, it looks fantastic.
    Yvonne xx

Fabulous make Shirley and I’m pleased to hear that Andrew has his pen holder – he can now show off your creative skills to the rest of the office (and explain why he was taking all those used toilet roll holders).

7. Fantastic design, love it. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Julie x