Those Seasons Are A Changing

The new challenge at FSC  this month is ‘Changing Seasons’.  Our very own sweet Claire chose the new theme and wow how the design team have really made the catwalk pop with their stunning pieces.

My chosen season is Winter where I decided to bring a little festive cheer with crackers in a box.

Two to be precise, one for him and one for her – but it turned out to be two for her in the end!  To tell the truth I wanted them to look pretty and the man’s cracker I made didn’t do it for me.

The crackers were made with a Stampin Up Envelope Board.  They had to be made first so that I could measure them for the box.  Put them side by side so that I could measure the length, width and height.  The lid also has an aperture cut in where acetate was added.

124

I had a little time to take some before and after pics.

#1 pic  Just a few of the items I started with.

#2 pic  The cardstock all cut out and ready to make the box.  At this stage I did a fine misting of dylusions White Linen Ink all over.

#3 pic  Final stage before putting the box together.  Stamped a mixture of different snowflakes and a sentiment with DecoArt Titanium (Snow) White acrylic paint.  The effect looks amazing.

123

I would love it if you hopped on over to see all the DT’s work as they are simply stunning.  Also don’t forget that the winner of this challenge has $20 to choose anything they like from Flonz’s store.

11 Responses to “Those Seasons Are A Changing”

1. Brenda says:

Your crackers look so very pretty Shirl, as does the matching box, what a great idea for the theme.

B x

What a great idea Shirley, they look so pretty and I love the matching box. Hope there’s something nice inside!

3. Craftyfield says:

The crackers are so beautiful! It will be fantastic having those at the Christmas table… I am in awe of your box too as I find difficult to make those.
    xx

Love your matching crackers and box. Its a fantastic gift idea for a couple as well, if you wanted to give something a bit different.
    Yvonne xx

What a great idea Shirley! White mediums are sometimes a little tricky to use but you have created a stunning box and capture the change of season beautifully with them!

What a wonderful wintry creation – so festive too. I love the pale frosty blues and pretty decoration on the crackers as well as on the presentation box. Fantastic!
    Alison xx

7. Christi C says:

Wow! Crackers intrigue me as we don’t have them here in the US – perhaps I should start a new tradition!! Stunning packaging!

Wow you made the crackers and the box, amazing ! They are very beautiful. Have a great week, Shirleyxx

9. Donna Ellis says:

How pretty your box and goodies are, Shirl! Lovely paper – but more – wrapping the crackers is such a fantastic idea, especially in the pretty paper (pretty punched edges, too!) Thank you for showing how you made it! hugs, de

10. Terry says:

What a great idea, Shirley! And not to mention a lovely package with all those pretty papers! You are so clever! Hugs!

11. Claire C says:

Oooh love them Shirl, you are clever! Both crackers are stunning and I love the box for them too
    Claire xx