Winter In Paris

The new challenge at FSC  this month is ‘Winter In Paris’.  Our lovely Dani chose the new theme and oh my the design team have really made the catwalk come alive with their stunning pieces.

It’s a great feeling when you dust off some old stamps and use them again and that’s just what happened with these Clarity ones.  Used to use them a lot yonks ago but sadly over the years they have just lain in a drawer.  I am sure they were probably the first stamps I bought on my very first foray to Ally Pally (quite some years ago now).  Also met the lovely Barbara Gray who was demonstrating them (she wasn’t so famous at the time) but needless to say I had to have them.

Another one layer card and the other stamps used are the trees and sun from Stampin Up plus the stenciled image ‘Francais’ is from DecoArt.

Stamped the lady first then masked off to protect her whilst doing all the other inking and stencilling behind her back … lol.

Paris

I would love it if you hopped on over to see all the DT’s work as they are simply stunning.  Also don’t forget that the winner of this challenge has $20 to choose anything they like from Flonz’s store.

8 Responses to “Winter In Paris”

Wow Shirley…class all the way! I love the Francais behind the lady – and loving the depth you have achieved with this one layer card x

2. Craftyfield says:

Love this too! In fact I’m inspired to join this month’s challenge if time allows… The background is perfect and I love the falling snow. The 2 ladies (the Eiffel tower is the “Old Lady”) stamps are beautiful and so right for the theme! Have a good Sunday xx

Hi Shirley, gorgeous design, love all the detail, the masking is perfect and so is the ‘snow’ behind the pretty lady. Very nice stamps. I have lots that sit in drawers as well, I’ve also given tons away as I can’t deal with so many that don’t get used. Sometimes I go looking for one that I no longer own, so have to be careful what I give away in future ! Happy Sunday xx

4. brenda says:

Absolutely glorious Shirl, Paris is good any time of the year but you have definitely captured a winter feel here.

B x

A classy lady on a very elegant card. It looks fabulous.
    Yvonne xx

Fabulous card Shirley and I think it’s such a shame that some of our old, but once loved stamps are left languishing in drawers!
    Wonderful snowy background for your elegant lady and I love the stencilled words.

Really love this – the depth you’ve created behind the chic woman, with the trees and then on to the Tower in the distance, and the colours are wonderful too, perfectly capturing a sunny winter’s day.
    Alison xx

8. Carola says:

Wow Shirley, what a beautiful card…. fantastic.
    Greets Carola