Flowers And Birds 3D Door Hanger

Uhhh Ohhh, today’s class is going to get messy and inky with this delicious looking door hanger.

Whilst mooching at the craft fair at Sandown Park Racecourse, I saw some grey board door hangers which I knew the girls would love to have a go at decorating so voila that’s exactly what we are doing today.  The flowers and bird are very dimensional and I have used Pinflair glue to add height.

Stamps are from Stamping Up called Picture Perfect.  Love these as they are a three step process to get the rose effect and I used three different coloured inks before cutting out.  The cut out leaves are also a three step process stamp.

Mr Bird is a four step process to get his gorgeous look.  For the background the script paper was mod podged onto the hanger then the edges were sanded for a smooth finish.

When stamping onto the script paper I used the Timeless Textures set (also an SU product) .

Now that stonkingly cute looking bird on the branch was created by using molding paste through an Imaginations Crafts stencil.  When dry he was coloured with inks and white paint.  White paint was also dabbed around the edges of the hanger.

Hope you enjoy this one girls x x

Entering for the Craft Stamper Take It Make It Challenge – TEXT ME

12 Responses to “Flowers And Birds 3D Door Hanger”

1. Amanda says:

Absolutely beautiful Shirl. Hope things are good with you
    Love
    Amanda x

Absolutely stunning – wonderful distressed background (love those edging stamps) and the flowers and birds are simply charming. Please, oh please, don’t start me on the Stamping Up trail – one of the few stamp companies I’ve managed to resist so far, and it could be a slippery slope by the look of this beautiful hanger.
    Alison x

Wow, gorgeous, it looks like printed paper, the stamping is amazing. Have a great weekend. It’s FREEZING here, minus 41 with the windchill, that’s pretty cold even with our thick Canadian blood 🙂 xx

4. brenda says:

There’s no better way to spend a Saturday afternoon than getting all inky Shirl, especially when the results are this lovely.

B x

5. Craftyfield says:

So beautiful… I love multi-steps stamping, if the colours are well chosen the realism obtained is fabulous.
    Enjoy your crafting, xx.

This looks stunning Shirley, I actually thought it was printed paper. I bet this has a gorgeous feel to it, I’m sure the girls in the class enjoyed this one.
    Have a great weekend. Avril xx

7. Carola says:

Wowwww, this looks beautiful. The design, colours and themes….fantastic!
    Hugs Carola

8. Donna Ellis says:

Just beautiful, Shirl! A great find! Hugs, de

It looks gorgeous Shirley, I imaging your class had a good time making this.
    Yvonne xx

10. Anne R says:

Oh wow Shirl, what a gorgeous hanger, this is a class I would loved to have taken!! Hugs, Anne xx

11. Linda W says:

WOW! This looks fab ….. I love all the text in the background and those flowers are simply beautiful! Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper Challenge. Linda xx

12. Ellie Knol says:

LOVE it , Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge, PSSST Don’t tell – I voted for this one. 🙂