Father’s Day Wall Hanging

As I am off home soon and Father’s Day is fast approaching I have made this canvas board wall hanging for the grandchildren to give to their dad.

Before the canvas can be hung I need to source some sturdy wire but the eyelets are in place ready and waiting.

The edges have been given a makeover with the rust technique which Andy Skinner shows how to do on one of his youtube videos.  The three toffs have been stamped onto corrugated cardboard then covered with melted wax.

A wash of metallic silver paint was also added to the board which is something I very rarely use (if ever).

I wanted to try to hide the gentlemen in the corner with the binoculars so added a few layers of black paint, then a layer of melted wax before trying to scrape some away.  Very pleased with the result and think I achieved what I set out to do.

325

8 Responses to “Father’s Day Wall Hanging”

1. Craftyfield says:

Excellent masculine make. Love the Vintage feel and the stamps too! xx

What a great grungy masculine look, and I bet that wash of silver shimmers beautifully in the light – it will make a fabulous Father’s Day Gift. Safe travelling!
    Alison x

A fantastic masculine canvas, its a super gift for Fathers day.
    Yvonne xx
    Off to have a browse at your posts I missed while we were away.

4. Love, Love, Love…a Great Father’s Day gift for the kids to give Shirley! He might get the ‘travel bug’

5. Brenda says:

A super masculine creation Shir and such a perfect gift for the children to give to the Dad.

B x

A fantastic vintage masculine canvas, it’s wonderful that your father will be able to hang and enjoy it for longer than a card 🙂 Beautiful collage details and textures. Cheers, Shirleyxx

7. Donna Ellis says:

The metallic silver paint must look amazing in person, Shirl! It’s a wonderful wall hanging! Hugs, de

Just on a catch up here and this is a fabulous canvas, such a great gift and keepsake. Have a great trip.