Join FSC With Beautiful Blooms

FSC is into ‘Beautiful Blooms’ for this month’s challenge which the lovely Claire picked.  My card managed to meander into a very collaged vintage piece all on it’s own.

The beautiful stamped blooms are from a Studio 490 set called ‘Wildflower Art‘.  Fussy cut them before colouring and adding glossy accents.

If you look very closely you will see some torn tea bags on either side of the card which gives it a rather nice tatty feel.

I have Dot to thank for the reminder about tea bags.  She has just started into her tea bag phase which reminded me that I have a box full of dried out tea bags left over from my itty bitty Tea Bag Book  which was made a while back.  Gosh that was 18 months ago and it was also a DT piece for FSC.  Anyways these are now crying out to be used hence the shredded pieces added to the card.

Just one close up pic which shows some of the layered ephemera and stitching.

Sorry about the glare from the flower on the tag but that’s the camera picking up the shine from the glossy accents.

I would love it if you hopped on over to see all the DT’s work as they are simply stunning.  Also don’t forget that the winner of this challenge has $20 to choose anything they like from Flonz’s store.

10 Responses to “Join FSC With Beautiful Blooms”

1. Brenda says:

Now you could have kept the tea bags a secret Shirl as would never have known, but what a super idea to help build up that lovely vintage feel and the glossy accents all ads to the texture and interest.

A lovely gentleman’s creation yesterday as well, apols for the combined comments, did try to offer a few words by way of an apology yesterday.

B x

2. An awesome collage Shirley! The pop of colour with the flowers brings the whole piece to life…and the sewing ties it all together superbly. Love this heaps! Love the use of teabags too 😉

3. Sandra says:

This card has a wonderful Vintage feel Shirley, you’ve absolutely nailed it! I love the slight touch of colour from your flowers and the glossy accents give the card dimension. Clever use of tea bags too, I just love the way that us crafters hold onto everything:) All the different and thoughtful elements that you’ve used come together perfectly to produce the finished card they work so well against the black background. Take care and enjoy the rest of your Sunday. Crafty hugs, Sandra :)x

4. Craftyfield says:

I think this would work well as a scrapbook layout (Vintage of course) and looks fabulous. Love all the details, including the teabags, the film strip and glossy accents. xx

5. Donna Ellis says:

Hi, Shirl! Such a fun, vintage, collage – your yellow daisy images with the pop of yellow and glossy accents really draw the eye to the center – and the shredded tea bags! I would never have thought! I don’t drink tea – but have the bags – does it take a special bag, or do any used tea bags shred like that? Your stitching adds lots of texture. Such a wonderful project! I saw the projects while at Fashionable Stamping doing my Paper Playful Volunteer stuff, and figured that was your card before seeing your name! LOL Thanks for sharing all your tips! hugs, de

6. Carola says:

Hi Shirley, what a great collage… wonderful design. I love it!
    I need to collect tea bags, its really great.
    Hugs Carola

7. Esther says:

Your card obviously knew what it was doing in it’s meanderings..gorgeous vintage loveliness. And I really must find someone who likes tea and can donate their used bags having seen Dots work and now yours…Esther xx

A gorgeous card Shirley, love the vintage tones with the pop of colour on the flower. Love the stitching on the different elements and the lace and teabags is a lovely addition of soft textures.

A beautiful vintage style card Shirley, wonderful details.
    Yvonne xx

10. Claire C says:

Oh Shirl, I love this, full of beautiful techniques and so so pretty
    Claire xx