First Post Of 2017 – Australia Here We Come

Happy New Year Everyone.

If I was going to do a bucket list one thing would definitely be on it – a trip down-under to visit my great friend and crafting buddy Dot from Ink Art Designs.

Not in my wildest dreams did I think that this would happen.

Well 2017 is certainly going to be an exciting year for Andrew and myself as our Christmas present to each other is a trip to … Australia!!

Because of the long haul flight we decided to break it up with a four day stay in Hong Kong before flying into Melbourne.  We will be staying with Dotty for nearly three weeks then the journey home will be broken again with a four day stay in Singapore.

Dot has already started planning all the exciting things that we are going to do but for me the highlight has to be the crafting retreat that she has booked us into at Cockatoo Downs Farm.  Even the name sounds magical.

Shock horror is Andrew coming crafting with us????  Shouldn’t think so, he has to take care of Dot’s dog but did I fail to mention that she lives next to a golf course!!!!

My first piece of the year started with this tag and my idea was for it to go onto the first page of my new A5 Journal Book.

As usual off I went on a tangent – have problems with reigning in my thoughts when crafting – by the time I had finished the tag it didn’t fit in with my journal page.

Will show the journal page another time in the meantime here is a close up of the tag.

6 Responses to “First Post Of 2017 – Australia Here We Come”

1. Sandra says:

Hi Shirl, I see what you mean now about us using the same colours and a film strip too. It just goes to show that great minds think alike! A fabulous tag, great stamps and I like the embossing in the background too. You must be very excited about your trip to Australia, lucky you :). Crafty hugs, Sandra x

lol…so really it’s a golfing holiday! Just as well we have a back-up plan for us – crafting!!! You will love seeing my little bit of Oz 🙂 (2 bottles of wine in the cupboard already). Can’t wait…OMG…time is going to fly by! So excited this end too Shirley, we are going to have an absolute ball – so much to see and do, so little time lol…
    This tag has so much to see, hard to believe you can fit all of this detail onto a tag. I think some of the best things happen when we go off on a tangent. Brilliant tag Shirley!

3. Craftyfield says:

How exciting Shirley! I have failed to tick Australia off my list although I got as far as Hong Kong! I’m pleased for you and Dot, enjoy!
    You tag is lovely BTW… xx

4. Brenda says:

It’s going to be such an exciting trip Shirl and I agree the name of the retreat does sound magical. Great tag today, love the colours and it’s one of those yo9u feel a need to reach out and touch with all the textures.

B x

5. Karen van Biljon says:

Love the tag Shirl – I’m sure you can make it fit another journal page. Such exciting news and so lovely for you and Dot. I’m sure it won’t be any hardship for your hubby to be playing golf in the sunshine! :D.

6. Leanne says:

Superb artwork here Shirley, you will have such a wonderful time with Dot – I expect it all blogged!!!! xx