We Only See What We Want To…

How fickle is the human eye – we only see what we want to is so true.

Since I started my blog in September 2009, can you believe over 4 years ago, I always had a quote link posted at the top. Every time something new was posted I read that quote before anything else. Noticed a few days ago that it had disappeared and wasn’t there anymore.

Now this is the $64,000 Question – How long ago did it disappear, Why did it disappear, but what is so awful how come my eyes hadn’t seen it was gone???? Spooky!!!

Definitely gonna keep my eyes on that there quote!!

Today is week 3 of the Crafts-Too-Challenge You which has this months theme of Christmas Festivities
Onto twist 2 of the theme and this time we want to know what Christmas means to you.

This frame was made before I even knew what I was going to do with it … destined for one of my infamous bit boxes … but when I saw this image I knew it was just perfect for her. Really wanted to capture all that prettiness so what better use for the frame.

To make the frame I used a technique from Tim Holtz’s Creative Chemistry 102 Day 5 called – Tarnished Silver. Mine is more Tarnished bronze because I used different E P’s.

I can see around blog land that everyone has some fantastic makes from these classes but for me the interesting part comes from seeing all the individual diversity of each of their designs. HERE is a beautiful project from Jenny using the same technique but looking oh so different.

The picture is from Nellie’s Christmas Vintage which has such a nostalgic feel to it. What Christmas means to me is that little girls face as she looks at Mr Teddy.

I usually have a few tags on the go at one time on my desk and this one fitted the bill perfectly for the image and the frame.

In fact if you look HERE you can just see the same red background peaking through. The above red tag was discarded because the gold embossing didn’t work for the look I was trying to achieve.

All the gold embossed background was in danger of being covered so ripped the edge of the image and only used in half the frame. Stamped the sentiment onto a waste part of the A4 image sheet with a Marianne Christmas Sentiments.

9 Responses to “We Only See What We Want To…”

A delightful tag Shirley. The frame is perfect for this happy young lady as she enjoys her Christmas festivities.

2. Buttons says:

Thank you so much for the shout out Shirley. You are really kind.
    I love the depth of colour in that red tag as it provides the perfect background to your framed images. Jenny x

Hi Shirley. Wow…I love the torn image inside the die…very creative and unique! I agree with you on the diversity of interpretation of the CC102 classes. Your tarnished bronze frame sits beautifully on the red background…clever cookie!

4. Donna Ellis says:

I don’t know when your quote disappeared, but google blogger has changed its format! It no longer has that black background when people click on photos to enlarge them, so you can see all the photos at once rather than having to click on a photo and then “go back” to the original post. When did that change?

Love your frame and the pretty vintage elements collaged with it! It’s one of my favorite die cuts, and you have used it beautifully! Thank you for the inspiration, Shirl. I haven’t made a tag in forever, so it is time to make one. Thank you for inspiring me with your pretty artwork! hugs, de

5. Silvia says:

It’s a wonderful tag, such a beautiful photo.

6. Terry says:

What a pretty frame for such a great image! Makes me want to play in the snow, but I live in the desert! Love this tag and that sentiment is so true! Happy Weekend!

7. Astrid says:

Love the way you put this tag together Shirl! Gorgeous colours too. Well, today the quote was definitely there….

8. Ignacio says:

OMG Shirley,,,,,, such amazing Tag,,,,love the colors, your die cut,,,and all over the vibrant colors,,,,,,a true play of art,,,.Directly to my fav at Pinterest.

Hi Shirley, Fabulous tag, love the look of the frame. A great idea with the torn image, I often think it’s such a shame to cover up lovely backgrounds.